Thursday, April 10, 2014

Staff Picks for Spring: Margaret

margaret is our favorite texas girl, and we are loving all her picks for spring! 
well done, margie. well done.





1. What is your favorite word? classy 


2. What is your least favorite word? budget 

3. What sound do you love? the cork popping on a bottle of champagne! 

4. What sound do you hate? the dripping faucet i still haven't fixed..




Talk about truth in advertising -- I love my spring picks so much that I've actually bought most of them already. Maybe it's the extended winter, or the fact that I just love spring, but I'm totally on board for this season's warmer colors and feminine shapes.
  I have to be honest, at first I was a little on the fence about a d'Orsay flat, but then I tried these on and fell in love.  The melon color, the gold accents, and the fun shape -- these are my new go-to with skinny jeans.
  Where has this shoe been all my life?  You don't realize how much you need a floral pump until you try one on.  This one is super comfortable -- how does Ivanka do it?? -- and has revolutionized my weekday uniform of black skirt/pants and solid blouse/jacket.
  I love my Loren Hope statement necklaces, so I was thrilled to find out that she also makes clip-on statement earrings!  Yes, I am one of the few women who made it into adulthood without piercing their ears, and really, why bother now?  With clip-on earrings this gorgeous, I'm set.

This is a fantastic update to the traditional nude clutch.  The silver really pops, giving it a little bit of an edge, but keeping it neutral enough to wear with anything.  And the chain means you have the option of throwing it over your shoulder if you're on the run -- either to the dance floor or the grocery store.
At first, I thought this looked a little overwhelming on the shelf -- I mean, that's a lot of bling.  But my curiosity won out, and I'm so glad it did. It's perfect with a printed top or dress: there's enough sparkle that it doesn't get lost in the print, but not so much that it competes with the outfit.  As we say at the store, sometimes #moreismore.
I love that cork is back this year!  It's such a fun neutral, I can't wait to start working this into my normal work wardrobe.  And the memory foam platform gives you comfort along with confidence - amazing.
Is there a more elegant, feminine shoe than this one?  I'm a sucker for a peep-toe platform anyway -- see the Elaine Turner Gloria -- and this one is made in Spain and covered in soft gold glitter.  This is a shoe I will have forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment